While PhyNexus offers many standard resins for PhyTip columns there may be cases where custom resins are desired. For example, a company or research group may decide to employ certified resin lots to develop and scale up separations. PhyNexus will pack virtually and affinity style or flash chromatography resin to PhyTip columns. Columns can be produced to be compatible with any robotics system. Resins are shipped from the supplier or from the user to PhyNexus. Excess resin is either returned to the user or it may be tagged and stored for future orders.
Common situations that researchers require custom packed columns:
- Affinity resins for different non-standard tagged protein, DNA or small molecules such as FLAG, HA and TAP-tags.
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography, mixed mode resins or other resins that are suited to a particular separation program.
- Screening many different resins to survey a particular resin brand or type.
- A particular certified lot of resin.
- Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) resins for purification of AAV vectors in gene therapy.
Custom Resin columns with our proprietary Dual Flow Chromatography provide complete antibody binding and high final concentrations. PhyTip columns are compatible with most 8, 12, and 96-channel automation liquid handling robots including Agilent Technologies, Beckman Coulter, Dynamic Devices, Perkin Elmer, Hamilton, and Tecan.