A drug lead is a good candidate to become a drug only if it is possible to produce in large quantities. As such, expression of lead is highly optimized to design a stronger drug candidate. However, it is not simply a matter of expressing the protein to high mass, the expression must be optimized with respect to the purification process. It is no use to express protein where only a small percentage of it is able to be purified. The lead is optimized for both expression and for compatibility of purification. The plasmids expressing the protein are optimized for by mutagenesis to optimize codons, reduce rare amino acids, and maintain or increases solubility. This optimization also keeps in context the ability to purify the molecule.
Screen many conditions simultaneously using PhyTip technology. The recovered product may be assayed in conjunction with LabChip GXII for a completely automated workflow.
Protein Purification Applications
- Affinity Pull Down
- Immunoprecipitation / Co-immunoprecipitation
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation
- Protein-Antibody Engineering
- Target Discovery
- DNA Encoded Library Screening
- Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Modeling
- Quality Control
- Library Screening (Fabs, scFvs, small molecules)
- X-ray Crystallography, Membrane Proteins
- Lead Optimization / Screening
- Expression Optimization / Screening
- Epitope Mapping