Generating drug leads that bind to disease targets are the result of screening. The actually molecular interaction between the drug and the lead are unknown. To optimize the interaction for developing the lead, it is necessary to map the region of the target where the lead is binding. These epitope mapping studies can be done in vitro where the target is digested into fragments and the fragments that interact with the lead are ultimately identified. This work can be an alternative or in support of solving X-ray co-crystal structures.
The drug should be very specific to the lead. This application determines the exact amino acid sequence that the drug recognizes. Using Gel Filtration PhyTip columns has the dual advantage of small volumes (for high concentration) and full automation.
Protein Purification Applications
- Affinity Pull Down
- Immunoprecipitation / Co-immunoprecipitation
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation
- Protein-Antibody Engineering
- Target Discovery
- Small Molecule Library Screening
- Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Modeling
- Quality Control
- Library Screening (Fabs, scFvs, small molecules)
- X-ray Crystallography, Membrane Proteins
- Lead Optimization / Screening
- Expression Optimization / Screening
- Epitope Mapping